Tecumseh wiring wuestion

Tommy123

Threads
I have a tecumseh tvs90 with 3.8 hp.
Model # 46055B (c).
It is used on a mtd-yard man leaf vacuum.
My question concerns the wiring harness for this engine.
I do not know where all the wires were attached and haven't seen a video or pictures.
There is one wire (green) still attached to the ignition coil and i believe the other end attaches to the throttle plate assembly.
Could i piggy tail of this wire and run the other end of this wire to a switch and then add another wire to use as a ground?
Any help would be much appreciated
Also, wonder if i could just rehook the green wire from coil back to throttle plate and use the mechanism on the throttle plate to turn engine and off?

Last edited:

Tommy123

Threads
I have a tecumseh tvs90 with 3.8 hp.
Model # 46055B (c).
It is used on a mtd-yard man leaf vacuum.
My question concerns the wiring harness for this engine.
I do not know where all the wires were attached and haven't seen a video or pictures.
There is one wire (green) still attached to the ignition coil and i believe the other end attaches to the throttle plate assembly.
Could i piggy tail of this wire and run the other end of this wire to a switch and then add another wire to use as a ground?
Any help would be much appreciated
Also, wonder if i could just rehook the green wire from coil back to throttle plate and use the mechanism on the throttle plate to turn engine and off?
Now, i can't remember how to attach the throttle plate assembly to the carburetor!

Tommy123

Threads
Thank you for your help. This is the diagram i need and will help me with wiring and throttle plate placement to carb. This 70 year old man appreciates your assistance.

ChipTSV90

Forum Newbie
Threads
If anyone can take a pic of their wiring, it would be greatly appreciated. The schematic doesn't show how the wiring should be and I have some broken terminals as well and need to make some new ones.
It looks like 1 wire needs to be grounded and the other wire to the switch, but I'm just guessing and I don't know from which side of the coil the wires should terminate. Thanks