Lawn Boy Supreme Pro

vinniegambini

Forum Newbie
Threads
My friend was cleaning out his garage and gave me a Lawn Boy Supreme Pro model # 8481AE. Thinking about my options of A---Getting this serviced and have it in running shape. Very greasy and dusty and won't start but have the key or B part it out on ebay or Craigslist and making a little money. Looked online and don't see many parts. Are the parts not out there or people don't care about fixing this mower up for unknown reasons to me. Of course if I parted it out, I would get my friend a case of the beer he likes. Any input would be helpful.

Russ2251

Threads
Often they are worth more if in one piece and running than if parted out.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Kind of an odd ball Lawn Boy with the electric start only, conventional wheel layout, and a self propelled system that's not noted for reliability. But it does have the semi-commercial setup and the aluminum deck with the much desired 2 stroker. If it doesn't need a lot of repair I'd clean and fix as needed and sell it complete.

jp1961

Threads
Hello,

Actually the 8481AE has both electric and pull start, I have one.

I'd say if it has decent compression (90 PSI minimum), I'd fix it.

Parts for F engines are getting harder to come by and I think the cloth bag is no longer available.

It may just fire up after a thorough cleaning.

Regards

Jeff

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I stand corrected, thanks. My memory (and some other things) aren't what they used to be. I wonder what that mower cost new? Sure not a cheap outfit.

jp1961

Threads
Hi Tom,

You and me both on the memory thing,,,LOL.

The 8481AE was kind of a unique Lawn-Boy, not a residential model and not a commercial model per se, sort of in between. I actually think it was Lawn-Boy's competing model against the Suzuki 2 stroke powered Toro's (until Toro bought out Lawn-Boy and eliminated the competition).

I've heard them called a 4 poster and a Suburban.

The drive system is unique among Lawn-Boy's drive system, unlike anything before and anything after this model.

Regards

Jeff