Trying to make a pigtail

MikePorter

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,
Thanks for allowing me to join the forum. I have an Encore 34" Fuzion zero turn mower. It previously had an 18.5 HP Briggs and Stratton ELS 500 OHV vertical shaft engine. Seems the seal around the shaft became compromised and oil shot down around the shaft, without me realizing it and seized.

I recently bought a Briggs & Stratton 33R877-0003-G1 540cc 19 Gross HP Intek Vertical OHV Engine and there appears to be a 6 pin connector on this engine where previously I had 2 - 2 pin connectors on the prior engine.

BS33S877-0019-G1_93288_feature1.png

From what I can tell, the Red pin is for battery charging
The Black wire is the Kill Wire
They Gray is the Carbureter
The Orange is the power to the Key switch.

On my mower chassis I have a 2 pin which has Red w/Black wire which is the Kill switch
A Blue w/Red stripe which is Engine Fuel Solenoid
And the Red is the Engine Charging

So I have gone from 3 pins to 4 so I am at a loss on how to create this pig tail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have an acre of knee high stickers I got to get under control.

Thanks!

MikePorter

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a bit more information to go from. Here is the wiring diagram from the Encore Fuzion.Annotation 2019-09-21 110145.png

MikePorter

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have figured out a bit more to the story and have added a picture to help understand the wiring thus far.
The only loose wire I am unsure about now is the Engine Charging wire from the Encore mower frame harness.

path4181.png

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
This what you are looking for ?
You can double check this by starting the engine with the plug unconnected.
You will have to make the carb connection with a patch wire.
If this is the case, the orange wire will have AC voltage and the correct light switch will ground the lights.
If you don't have lights or want them leave it open.
6 pin.jpg

MikePorter

Forum Newbie
Threads
The one on the left looks correct and am able to turn the engine over. It will start but doesn't run for long.
So the wiring, other than the red wire with the diode from the frame harness is all wired.