Incorrect parts for GX 25

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just finished a UMS425 Trimmer for a customer & was doing the invoice.
For a while I have been using parity pricing for parts as Joe Public seem to think all repair shops massively inflate parts prices.
This engine needed a new metering diaphragm so I fitted a full K10 WYB kit
When looking for a parity price, what did I find ?
This is a genuine Walbro kit as supplied by Gripskie's , the local Walbro agent & my wholesaler
OMKK10-WYB.jpg

And these are the "unbranded ones" as found on Amazon & Ebay
s-l1600-1.jpg s-l1600.jpg

Note the shape of the metering diaphragm
The original has a square cut end where as the unbranded "fits" is cut at a slope on the end around the locating pin hole.
Those who do a lot of hand held repairs will know that apart from the overall size, the difference between diaphragms is the actual material, the thickness of the material & the length of the pin that contacts the metering valve lever.
Now because these differences are in the realms of metrology, way beyond the average mechanics vernier or micrometer Walbro make the shapes different so mugs like me can fit the correct parts.

No wonder home mechanics have so many problems getting these small engines to run correctly.

The "fits" part has a shorter pin so will cause the engine to run a bit leaner on heavy loads.

And if you are wondering, the correct parts are the ones shown on each corner of the Gripskie photo
Also note the actual correct pump gasket is not included in the "fits kits"