Honda GV100 Gaskets

topconker

Threads
Hi Guys,
I have a GV100 motor and needed to remove the carb and like a fool didn't keep a record on how the gaskets are fitted.
Does anyhave photos/insstructions on re fitting the gaskets that include the metal one that I seem to have gorgotten about.
The other question is does anyone have a set of the gaskets or know where I can buy them?
Many thanks,
TC

jp1961

Threads
Hello,

Gaskets usually take a "set" when bolted together, so you should be able to piece the puzzle back together by looking at the carb flange, heat shield etc,,,.noting any holes or passages imprinted on the gasket.

Regards

Jeff

topconker

Threads
I have a bit of a problem as I've lost one of the gaskets, I do have one that is intact and I should be able to copy but can't remember if they were both the same.
Does anyone have a schematic or picture of which order they go on and where the metale one sits?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Firstly ,
No the gaskets are not the same.
You could have 3 or 4 gaskets and they could be any one from 8 different gaskets used.
The exact gaskets depend upon the application , the type of filter used & the age of the machine.
The front ( filter side ) gasket usually has a flat bottom and cut outs on both sides to suit the two auxillary air intakes
The rear will also have an extra hole for the bowl vent and the position of this is important
the engine casket is generally plain but usually is smaller than the manifold hole depending upon the output of the engine.

topconker

Threads
Firstly ,
No the gaskets are not the same.
You could have 3 or 4 gaskets and they could be any one from 8 different gaskets used.
The exact gaskets depend upon the application , the type of filter used & the age of the machine.
The front ( filter side ) gasket usually has a flat bottom and cut outs on both sides to suit the two auxillary air intakes
The rear will also have an extra hole for the bowl vent and the position of this is important
the engine casket is generally plain but usually is smaller than the manifold hole depending upon the output of the engine.

Wow thanks bertsmobile, I have one gasket and have atteched a photo, also attached 2 photos showing front, (filter side), and rear engine side, any help is reall appreciated as I cannot find any gaskets for sale anywhere.
Carb_Gasket 006.jpgCarb_Gasket 007.jpgCarb_Gasket 008.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please do not insult us.
Carb gaskets are stock & trade for every mower workshop.
I keep around 150 different ones here.
I can not think of any workshop that will not have boxes full of them .
every parts retailer will have them in stock and they are all over Amazon & Evilpay

FWIW the gasket shown in the first photo goes onto the carb side in the second photo
The gaslet for the other side will have a hole in it to connect the channel in the top of the flange to a breathing channel in the manifold
And the manifold will have a governing gasket between it and the block.
The latter could also have any one of 5 different very large gaskets that double as an air guide

topconker

Threads
Thanks again,
But it's true I cannot find any supplier here in the uk that stocks this gasket set, they all state it's an old model and no one keeps them. Can you supply the set to me please?