Lawn Mower to Log splitter

Leever2000

Threads
I have a log splitter with a seized up 6.5 HP B&S and planning on installing a B&S 6.5 HP lawnmower engine. Is this a direct swap meaning do I need to modify the lawnmower engine to work properly on the log splitter?

dougand3

Threads
Does the mower engine have a cast iron flywheel? You need that weight to start it. Mower engines usually have a light AL flywheel - the blade gives the necessary weight. Maybe the iron flywheel (and probably coil module) from blown splitter engine will transfer to mower engine. Get IPLs for each engine and compare part #s.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Watch Facebook and Craigslist for pressure washers that run, but don't wash. There are loads of them around, and sell cheap.

Leever2000

Threads
The lawnmower engine is not in my possession yet but assume it is aluminum because it is a lawnmower engine. How difficult is it to swap the flywheel? When get home will have to get the PNs and compare.

Leever2000

Threads
Watch Facebook and Craigslist for pressure washers that run, but don't wash. There are loads of them around, and sell cheap.

Do the pressure washer engines have the cast iron flywheel?

dougand3

Threads
Easy to change FW/coil. Will need a puller of some kind. May need new key. PW engines do have cast iron FW.
Some older mower engines do. I had a Briggs 110602 (1998) mower and it has an iron FW. Put that engine on a PW.

Leever2000

Threads
If PW have cast iron flywheels I have another option. Assume the coil will have to be swapped either way whether the donor is from LM or PW?

Leever2000

Threads
I have access to a PW so swapping the fly wheel is not applicable now.

Assume the coil will have to be swapped or not if using the PW as the donor?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
arent most log splitter engine Horizontal shaft?
And most lawnmower engines Vertical shaft?