BS 591378 carburetor

kelazier

Threads
Greetings! Having issue with carb: engine floods. I give it a few hand cranks and after I remove air filter gas gushes out of carb. into air cleaner even when the gas valve is shut off.

any insights?

p.s. this is a B/S portable power generator with engine # 21T202-0119 G1

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looks like that is the carb with the plastic emulsion tube that the jet falls out of if turned upside down and and is easily missed on reassembly. Either that or the float valve isn't working to shut off the gas and the carb is over flowing.

kelazier

Threads
thanks for the quick response. I did disassemble the carb to see if anything was obviously wrong and cleaned the passage ways with a thin wire. assuming i put everything back in place correctly, and no change. would i be better off just purchasing a new carb? i see prices ranging from 28.00 to 139.00 any advice?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
OEM carb is $112. Item 117 on the following linked drawing is the part everybody looses because it will fall out when you are not looking. Also if item 137 is not in the correct position will prevent the fuel flow from being controlled by the float valve since the O ring between the plastic body and the carb body will not seal.

https://www.partstree.com/models/21...-engine/carburetor-kit-carburetor-overhaul-3/

kelazier

Threads
thanks for the parts/blowout. will check against the carb and get back to you.

kelazier

Threads
Thanks for the info and links...I have decided to purchase a new carb. Do you sell them or do you recommend I use parts tree ?

I like to support the members when possible.

kelazier

Threads
okay, I'm lost! I purchased a new carb, with all gaskets, etc. I replaced carb. according to instructions. I started engine and have the same problem!! The engine cranks, starts and runs for a @ minute before it sputters and stalls...then gas spurts out of the carb/intake. Even after I shut off the gas cock to the tank, gas continues to spurt from the carb. how is this possible with the gas supply line closed? there are no leaks, drips, etc from any other connections. there is only one gas input tube to the carb. WTF?

kelazier

Threads
p.s. carb number 591378 was replaced by #796321 if that gives a clue.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take the breather tube off and see if the fuel is coming out the breather in which case your crankcase is full of fuel

kelazier

Threads
Okay, thanks. never thought of that...will check that out. I'll get back to you to let you know.