PTO clutch Lazer Ze

ECW

Forum Newbie
Threads
Was greasing my 2012 - 48" Lazer Ze and inspected the drive shaft PTO clutch/pulley by hand turning the belt/clutch. It sounded crunchy and resisted just like the bearings are bad. Is this likely to be the clutch bearings or the PTO belt pulley? Since the pulleys and clutch are mated on the drive shaft end, should I just go ahead and replace the whole assembly?

I see a wide variation of prices but most are upwards of $200 (Extreme, Warner) Part # 116-1947. Am I safe with after-market parts. It seems that the Toro and eXmark use the same clutch.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Thanks

ECW

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Depending upon the brand of mower, the model within that brand & when it was made, the clutch could have a brake.
Originally the clutch was either driven or freewheeling
However you Americans are the stupidist people on the planet and are not able to work out if the blades are turning or not :laughing:
Thus you will all get off your mower and shove your hands under the deck and chop them off.
Thus the new clutches must also have a brake to stop the blades from turning in whatever time the Californian courts deemed to be necessary,:thumbsup:

Thus what you might be feeling & hearing is the brake working.