Brush blade selection

TonyPrin

Threads
Just because you can do something does not mean it is a good idea to do it.
I can ( and have ) cut down 2" diameter saplings with my slasher ( Victa super 24 )
IT will do it all day, but the extra load causes the exhaust to carbon foul and it gobbles up blades.

I guess we'll just have to agree to differ on this issue. I'm not saying I drive my car at 7,000 RPMs although the tachometer displays that range. However, when a reputable company I trust says their product can be used for something I need, I either trust them to do so or look for a different product. And I suspect that's the case with most people.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I guess we'll just have to agree to differ on this issue. I'm not saying I drive my car at 7,000 RPMs although the tachometer displays that range. However, when a reputable company I trust says their product can be used for something I need, I either trust them to do so or look for a different product. And I suspect that's the case with most people.

There is a big difference between can and should
If some one asks can this 30cc saw run a 24" bar the answer is yes if there is one that fits
If the question is should I run a 24" bar on this 30cc saw then the answer is no.

Did you ask if they RECOMMENDED fitting the blade to the trimmer or can I run this blade with this trimmer ?
The 2 questions should get different answers if the dealer is being honest.

You asked for the opinions of the people on here and you got the answers which were by and large the same.
IT is your trimmer so ultimately your decision all we can do is give honest unbiased opinions.

We all wish you well .

TonyPrin

Threads
Did you ask if they RECOMMENDED fitting the blade to the trimmer or can I run this blade with this trimmer ?
The 2 questions should get different answers if the dealer is being honest.

Bert, you've given me helpful advice in the past so I'm certainly not trying to be argumentative, but I want to explain this one last time because other readers may believe there is a potential problem with the conversion kit that I don't believe exists. ECHO makes a conversion kit specifically for ECHO SRM trimmers, including the 225 per their literature. The conversion allows the trimmer to be used with either string or a blade, depending on need and can be changed back and forth.

I can't imagine ECHO not recommending an ECHO product and I don't believe ECHO would offer a product that could damage their trimmers when used according to their instructions. Here's an excerpt of the conversion kit description from their website:

"ECHO blade conversion kits offer more versatility with your ECHO SRM trimmer. From trimming the lawn to cutting through dense weeds and underbrush, our blade conversion kits deliver convenience and unit flexibility. With standard 20mm size arbors the blade conversion kits fit a variety of ECHO SRM models. An ideal option when you're looking to save yourself valuable trailer, shed or garage space without having to invest in a separate brushcutter unit."

Last edited: