B&S Professional series engine??

SJP

Threads
I'm looking at brand new Snapper SPX with the 25HP B&S Professional engine and was wondering if anyone had any input on this engine, "the good and bad". I'm just a homeowner looking for any feedback before make my choice weather I'm going to buy the mower or not. BTW, all I mow is just over 1/2 acre and that's all.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
It may just say that on the sticker. Put up a pic of it, or give us the model, type, code numbers off of it, usually stamped on the valve cover.

If they say "Professional", it may just be an upgraded filter system.

SJP

Threads
I looked it up on Briggs site.
It's looks just like an Intek, but this has that Cyclonic air filter system like Kawasaki. And full pressure lubrication , and the smaller professional engines use the Check and Add oil feature :eek: (8.75, 6.25)

https://briggsandstratton-aem64-pro...ines/professional-series-single-cylinder.html

Thanks for the response. So with the few upgrades do you think it's a decent engine that will last with regular maintenance year after year for a homeowner? That's the problem I'm having, I can't really find anything about this engine which is why I'm a little leary about it, so I may have to go back with JD.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, it is a good engine. By going with JD, do you mean going with a Kawasaki engine?
They use either Briggs, Kohler, or Kawasaki.
Not sure what they are popping on them these days.

SJP

Threads
Yeah, it is a good engine. By going with JD, do you mean going with a Kawasaki engine?
They use either Briggs, Kohler, or Kawasaki.
Not sure what they are popping on them these days.

JD X350 with the 18.5 HP Kawasaki, which I would assume (maybe I'm wrong) is better than the B&S "Professional" engine.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Kind of like, "Ford is better than Chevy"........

Or vice versa...

gotomow

Threads
I'm looking at brand new Snapper SPX with the 25HP B&S Professional engine and was wondering if anyone had any input on this engine, "the good and bad". I'm just a homeowner looking for any feedback before make my choice weather I'm going to buy the mower or not. BTW, all I mow is just over 1/2 acre and that's all.

Overkill setup for your needs. My neighbor has an 16 year old Huskee 12.5Hp 38" from Tractor Supply and he does 3/4 acre. The Snapper Spx line is nice with a fab deck and full length deck roller. Since Briggs & Stratton owns Snapper not too surprised with that engine. ON the Snapper double check the replacement cost on the deck components like belts, idlers, sheaves and the like to make sure they aren't priced more than the Deere's. In over 50 years of owning stuff with Briggs engines, never had a Briggs engine failure.