Honda HRX217 Select Drive assembly

dimasin

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
I have a small problem with my HRX217K5 with Select Drive. I replaced a clutch cable (Honda HRX217K5 Smart Drive Clutch Cable (54510-VH7-T31)) and now unable to place Select Drive mechanism back together. It seems that cross pin slips out of channel every time I put parts together and assembly doesn’t engage to self-propel mower. I am asking kindly, if someone could send me pictures from shop manual on servicing Select Drive. Before laughing and sending me to Honda service, they are booked 4 months in advance.
Thank you so much!
Dimasin

lawndiyguy88

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the same problem as the OP. The video above does not show the same model Honda he is referring to, and the mechanism actuating the clutch cable isn't even close.

The Select Drive version of the HRX217 looks closer to this:

but with some differences in the rotating pieces with the pin. OP, did you ever figure this one out?

olgeezershonda

Threads
I have the same problem as the OP. The video above does not show the same model Honda he is referring to, and the mechanism actuating the clutch cable isn't even close.

The Select Drive version of the HRX217 looks closer to this:

but with some differences in the rotating pieces with the pin. OP, did you ever figure this one out?
You'll likely never get a reply. The OP was last seen here the same day it was posted.

BobHedd

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
I have a small problem with my HRX217K5 with Select Drive. I replaced a clutch cable (Honda HRX217K5 Smart Drive Clutch Cable (54510-VH7-T31)) and now unable to place Select Drive mechanism back together. It seems that cross pin slips out of channel every time I put parts together and assembly doesn’t engage to self-propel mower. I am asking kindly, if someone could send me pictures from shop manual on servicing Select Drive. Before laughing and sending me to Honda service, they are booked 4 months in advance.
Thank you so much!
Dimasin
I have the same problem. I realize this post was a few years ago but if you got it repaired can you offer same advise.

catbob2024

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is not your exact model number but help. Look at page numbers might not be in orderScreenshot_20240102_095813_Xodo.jpgScreenshot_20240102_095828_Xodo.jpgScreenshot_20240102_095753_Xodo.jpgScreenshot_20240102_095803_Xodo.jpg