Snapper SPX riding mower?

SJP

Threads
Just a homeowner here. I was wondering if anyone has any input on the Snapper SPX 42" with the Briggs and Stratton "Professional" series V Twin OHV engine? I went to my local dealer and checked it out and of course they said the B&S has come along way (whatever I guess). I actually like the mower but I'm a little bit leary of the motor. I know it's not a professional mower (don't need anything like that) by any means but I still want it to last for years to come like my last mower did, a 2001 JD LT155 with a 15hp Kohler.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just a homeowner here. I was wondering if anyone has any input on the Snapper SPX 42" with the Briggs and Stratton "Professional" series V Twin OHV engine? I went to my local dealer and checked it out and of course they said the B&S has come along way (whatever I guess). I actually like the mower but I'm a little bit leary of the motor. I know it's not a professional mower (don't need anything like that) by any means but I still want it to last for years to come like my last mower did, a 2001 JD LT155 with a 15hp Kohler.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Recommend staying with the DEER line even if you need to buy pre-owned. On Machinery Pete I see a 2016 with 163 hours for $1995.00. Or offer a dealer cash for 20% off the retail price. That's about 720 bucks off and you might be surprised at his counter offer.
The price is always higher but you'll make up for that when it's time to park it at the curb with a for sale sign.

Threads
I bought an SPX 42" and just love it. I looked at Husqvarna and John Deere and I wouldn't buy either, the Husqvarna because of the dealer, but the John Deere because the E series tractors just look and feel like junk. I don't know if they are made in the US, but John Deere dealers treat the average homeowner like a waste of their time.

Ken22

Threads
I hear you with the JD dealers. I once apologized to one partsman for taking up his time. No other customers were in the store.