Cub Cadet zero turn drive problem

Hooya

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, and thanks for adding me. I have a Cub Cadet Commercial Enforcer 44 zero turn mower with the Hydro Gear ZT-2800 transaxles. My problem is that the right side drive does not drive at all when you first try it. If I hold the front caster wheel straight and drive it for a while using the left drive, and also holding the right drive lever engaged (forward), the right drive will gradually start to work. The longer I do this, the better it works. Eventually it works well enough to mow with it. However, if I let it sit for a day, the process starts all over again. I have replaced the center section of the transaxle, along with all of the seals and o-rings, and new fluid and filter. I have tried bleeding it per the manual, but it doesn't seem to help it at all. I tried swapping the charge pumps between the left and right drives, and that made no difference. I have cleaned out the entire system (flushed the overflow reservoir and hoses) also. The left drive works just fine using the same oil as the right drive (15-w40 Rotella). I am at a loss and am looking for advice before I tear into it again. Thanks in advance for any help.