yth 20-42 won't move

451johnny

Threads
I have a yth20-42 that I installed a new motor ..the tractor was given to me without one and also without a deck I found allot of problems with the tractor like reconnecting the foot petal and installing a new safety switch on the seat and some other minor problems but the big problem I'm having now is I can't get it to move ?? the tractor had the original drive belt on it which seam to be in good shape and the connections on the shift control ( forward & reverse ) seams to be good to..but when I try going forward or reverse nothing happens the drive belt might be a little loose but is tight around the pulleys and I don't think that's the problem ?? any help will be greatly appreciated johnny

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
pull rod out at back of tractor & see if you can move tractor by pushing back & forth

thanks Johnny, i have my share of senior moments every day.

Last edited:

451johnny

Threads
thanks buddy that was exactly what it was..I had forgotten that I had pulled it out when I began working on it to bring it to a better location...bitch getting old you forget things...lol...thanks again johnny

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Got any idea how many times a tech does the same thing ?
Then we jump off forgetting that we have just reconnect the seat switch so the mower stops.