looking for new old or rebuilt part

gman4441

Forum Newbie
Threads
to any one who can help

looking for 15003-2455 carburetor for a fc401v. code bs03 Kawasaki
I know its old but can't imagine no where to be found

or can a KAWASAKI expert tell me if another carburetor from KAWASAKI will fit
this is for my own use ferris 48. thing is a beast but I think its time to change carb

I know I can repower but really don't want to
any help or answers would appreciate
thank to any all all. greg

gman4441

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes
Fc401v. It’s on your list

gman4441

Forum Newbie
Threads
Or that list that was shown to me in the thread

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Thats my fault, when i first read your post, i read the model # as FC140v :confused2::confused2: and i edited my post to correct it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Before you go stark raving mad, remember that a carb is a carb is a carb is a carb.
Just the same as you can swap the carbs on your auto, you can swap the carb on your mower.
All you need is to have the same stud spacing and the controls in the same plane ( ie on top or on side )
After that it is just a matter of making it fit.
You might need to cut the blower housing & fit a clamp on air filter in the worse case but it is doable .
If you go with an old carb that has adjustable main jet then it will be easier.
If not then get one from an engine of the same capacity or slightly smaller.
All the carb does is atomize fuel in air at around 1:13 ratio and provided the venturi diameter is big enough to pass enough air to fill the cylinder then Bobs your uncle.
If you have the choice a carb from a slightly smaller engine usually works better than from a slightly bigger engine because mower engines rev so slow which is sort of opposite to what you do with autos.

gman4441

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well then
If I or we knew someone that could tell me which Kawasaki carb would fit and be a close match then that is probably a solution
But I don’t know enough about all the other FC401V class of engines to select which one would be closest

Again thinking that those carburetors would be the best choice since they are for that engine class or model .
And of course I would like to pick one that wouldn’t do any damage to the rest of the engine but certainly again that selection It’s above my knowledge

Because of the engine code being different for those models and that’s why I thought that the Kawasaki expert could possibly have run into this before and say a 15003-???? Will fit with minor tweaks and be safe for engine operation

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The point I was trying to make is almost any carb can be put on.
There is nothing magic about any particular carb
All of them supply fuel to the engine at around the same ratio ,This is because they work on mixing a specific VOLUME of fuel to a specific volume of air that gets drawn through
So any carb that physically fits in the space will do the job.
What makes them engine specific is fitting into the blower housing and matching to the existing air filter and having the same mounting centers.
After that it is just bending some wire to hook the throttle to the governor.

People get hung up on specifications most of which are little more than the colour of the blower housing and the stickers that are on it and the type of finger guard etc etc etc.
Mower engines are fairly well universal provided you get the same PTO shaft diameter & length.
With your Ferris there is plenty of wiggle room
Your engine is a 25 Cu inch so almost any Briggs carb from any engine with a model number starting from 21 through to 28 should be quite at home on your engine
You have a nice long tube that leads to the stand alone air filter so that should be able to be made fit almost anything.