YTA22V46 trans issue

Bluwtr

Threads
So while I was working my wife tried mowing the grass. She called and said the mover "wouldn't go". Long story short I began investigating via online search. One post suggested checking for debris under the CVT primary variator…….well, that was kind of the problem. The bottom section of the PV has come apart. The lower half of the upper section had ground down the supports and burned out the lower housing and the bearings.

I'm having trouble finding this part for sale. Any suggestions? General Transmissions website doesn't seem to helpful either btw.

Here are a couple of pics.

Thanks,

Wes

Variator 2.jpgVariator 1.jpg

Bluwtr

Threads
So, I called General Transmission and had to leave a message. They called me back within 1/2 hr. Gentleman named Rick helped me. Told me exactly what I needed and told he I could order it from the via Amazon. I pulled up the part # he gave me and as I was reading the description he pulled it on his end as well to verify.

Great customer service and $59. Will be here in a few days.

Hats off to GT.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And hats off to you for the follow up.
Please do a final post when it arrives & you have fitted it.
These trannys are new so every little bit of information is a great help to all.

Bluwtr

Threads
I sure will. The part will be here today or tomorrow. Will take about 10-15 minutes to install. I will add pictures of the new "bright and shiny".

Bluwtr

Threads
So the new CVT pully system has been updated. It now comes with a "debris shield". I assume that there has been an issue with these transmissions where debris is getting into the pullies etc. and causing failure.

Regardless, install was very easy. As a recap, the old CVT pulley is removed by removing the battery and battery box. There is one plug that must be undone for the battery box to come up far enough to be out of the way. On the CVT pulley there are two support wings; one on either side. Each side has two #20 Torx head screws that are easy to reach and remove. Remove the screws and the CVT lifts up so that both belts can be slipped off.

Remove the old CVT. Under it are two support arms and the bottom cup. The arms are connected to the linkage from the pedal. Simply lift the arms out of their cradle, rotate and remove one then flip it over and remove the other.

Installation is the reverse. First, make sure all debris/dirt/grass etc. is removed from the support arm mounting area (basically just curved indentions). Install one support arm, rotate the linkage, install the lower cup and the second arm. Set the supports into their mounts and make sure the cup is hanging in it's proper orientation.

Next, there are two screws, one on each side of the top of the trans housing, that must be removed for the debris shield to be installed. The one on the port side has a washer under it. Remove the two screws, set the shield in place, replace the two screws.

Next install the CVT (belt guard forward). Slip the toothed drive belt on and set the unit in place. Be sure the lower shaft fits into the lower cup properly and completely. Reinstall the four #20 Torx head screws; reinstall the deck belt; reconnect plug; snap battery box in place and reinstall battery.

Now go mow your grass!

New Pully 4_LI.jpg

New Pully 1_LI.jpg

New Pully 3_LI.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Looks like not quite enough field testing done on the original design.

Thanks for the post.

Bluwtr

Threads
Yeah, I agree. The debris shield is definitely an "oh crap" afterthought.

Hope it helps.