Cub Cadet superlt 1554 not moving forward or reverse

Mason24

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Cub Cadet superlt 1554 not moving forward or reverse
Was cutting today and tractor just stopped, no forward or reverse. Checked drive belt and pulleys and they are good. Dropped the deck and started looking over everything. Worked the pedals back and forth and didn’t see anything broke or out of place. Started working the hydro release rod back and forth to make sure it wasn’t hung up, looked fine. Then I noticed The tractor would move forward and reverse without the rod pulled out. Has the same movement with the rod in or out. From the looks of it all the springs for the rod are still connected. Any ideas?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have three customers with that exact model of tractor. The axles inside the wheel hubs are double D shaped and are prone to breaking off just inside of the wheel hub. Jack up the rear of the mower and try to turn while pulling outward on the wheel and see if it falls off the end of the axle. Also the cast wheel hubs will also strip allowing the hub to turn on the end of the axle like the keyway is missing, but that will give an appearance like the top of the wheel is tilting inward.

Mason24

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have three customers with that exact model of tractor. The axles inside the wheel hubs are double D shaped and are prone to breaking off just inside of the wheel hub. Jack up the rear of the mower and try to turn while pulling outward on the wheel and see if it falls off the end of the axle. Also the cast wheel hubs will also strip allowing the hub to turn on the end of the axle like the keyway is missing, but that will give an appearance like the top of the wheel is tilting inward.
Gave that a try. Doesn’t seem to be the issue.

Mason24

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyone else have any ideas?