Wheel stud repair

Kawiman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone, new to forum and need help. I’ve got a broken stud on my back wheel. Hustler shows only a replacement hub kit for $180 bucks. Can’t I just replace the stud. If so, does hub need to be removed before beating it out to prevent damaging the transmission? Btw this is for a Hustler Fastrac. Thanks for ant assistance

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
https://www.hustlerturf.com/support/manuals Locate your model number.

Absolutely yes contact local dealer for stud & check clearance before removing & replacing stud. If Hustler cannot sell you replacement stud & nut go to local tire store in your area.

If transmission or anything else is in the way remove hub, wear safety glasses & leather work gloves or mechanics gloves.

Last edited:

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
MERRY CHRISTMAS Kawiman! You probably have stud replaced by now, sorry I did not get back to you sooner.

The Chairman

Threads
Thanks Mark, hoping I could save a little money.No problem doing it with hub still on ,right?
Was there a solution here? Did you find the stud? Do you have a part number, preferably Dorman? Probably better to head to a parts place with the broken stud, a lug nut and a measurement of how much it stuck out of the flange. There is plenty of room to remove one and put one back in, so leaving the hub on should not be an issue. Buy an extra lug nut (or any nut with the right thread) and an appropriate washer, flip it upside down and use it to pull the new stud in place. Don't try to use the wheel and the cone side to do this.