Briggs 16hp Vanguard - V Twin Rocker arms - old style one shaft

mskoi954

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Briggs 16hp Vanguard - V Twin Rocker arms - old style one shaft
I have a pressure cleaner with an old 16hp Briggs Vanguard Model 303447 034802 92122111 - had no power, found a cracked intake rocker arm - old style single shaft. I understand this is a old problem - does anyone know the repair or modification for this problem with out replacing the heads? Is there another rocker arm and stud that can be used - or does anyone have a old style rocker arm around. I have purchased the new rocker arms Briggs 807323 with studs and spacers - studs are a smaller size and the spacers (if drilled out) seem not to have the right height - does anyone have a setup that works for this

Mike

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Go to a good repair shop in your area with all the engine numbers. Individual parts are available and you shouldn’t have to purchase a new head.

mskoi954

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks for your reply - it seems like there has been a few modifications to this Vanguard model over the years - there are around 4 different types of rocker arms listed that will fit this engine - the single shaft with the bigger studs have the original metal rockers and a modified rocker that was beefed up and was made of aluminum - cant find any on the market right now. You can replace the heads and than you can use a single stud(two stud type - one intake one exhaust)which is a smaller size stud than the original type. looking for Briggs #807557 or 808159

Mike

Last edited: