What Have I Got?

bbaer1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I do know that I’ve got a Troy Bilt 12AV565Q711 that I purchased second-hand in 2007. It’s got a Honda 752H650223 160cc engine. Is this the GCV160? Trying to buy carb parts since the mower decided to drain it’s gas all over my lawn twice through the air filter (well, second time was on me.) Very difficult to search for parts when nothing comes up. Would appreciate any guidance.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I found it does have the GCV160. Don't get it confused with GC160, as GC160 is a Horizontal shaft. I don't know If There is a difference between the carbs though.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
If a Honda will have a series of numbers stamped into the block on the GCV is normally just below the blower housing on a flat area of the block. Will resemble like 4-5 letter followed by 7 number digits and may also contain another series of numbers and letters in the 2-4 digit range. That is the numbers that are needed to look up parts for your engine.

Some of those engines were stamped in a dot matrix fashion so they can be hard to make out the letter and numbers sometimes.

bbaer1

Forum Newbie
Threads
To add to my confusion, apparently the same model number had two different model years (2006, 2007) which differ in some way. And I’m not sure which year this was purchased in. Troy Bilt, Honda, MTD created a Frankenstein. I’ll have to spay some carb cleaner in that area, it’s pretty cruddy.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The 2nd through 5 digit of the serial number of the mower gives you month, day, and year of manufacture.