A Home Depot D125 Recon?

MrCrawdadToYou

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi - can anyone decrypt this code for me? Home Depot offered no help. This D125 has this permanently carved into the rear bumper: RECON 1774 and below that: 1000-052-837. It was marked down several hundred dollars and only had 3 hours on it. I've got 31 hours on it with no problems so far. It has the B&S 20hp and a Tuff Torq L2-A (TL200-A). I'm thinking it's possibly a return that had a bad transmission? Thanks for any insight.20190828_174341.jpg

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Recon 1774 would to mean reconditioned for the Monroe GA store. As far as the other numbers I don't know.

MrCrawdadToYou

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok, thanks, that is where I got it. I was curious when I found that it has a L2-A transmission. I thought it came with a T40 so I thought it may have been swapped. Also, was wondering why they had to deface it so much.

D

Deleted member 97405

Ok, thanks, that is where I got it. I was curious when I found that it has a L2-A transmission. I thought it came with a T40 so I thought it may have been swapped. Also, was wondering why they had to deface it so much.

Having dealt with the bulk stores from a Deere dealership standpoint ever since they got into that market, I can honestly say nothing the bulk stores do surprises me!
I have seen some weird stuff over the years. I used to be a tech and had to go to the Lowes stores in my area and set the tractors up for sale.
Then as the shop manager, I had to deal directly with their management and recondition returned machines.
The best thing about buying a John Deere at one of those stores is that Deere still requires a dealer to pull the machines out of the crates and get them ready for sale.
Some of the stuff people would return just make you shake your head. I saw many machines that people obviously bought with the intention of mowing a rough patch, then return it and say they didn't like it. And Lowes or Home Depot would return it and not ask questions. That is why I would never buy a recon machine from a bulk store. It would be like buying a used pickup from a teenager. You have no idea what they did with it!
I have also had many customers come to our shop with machines that were wearing out prematurely because it was way too small for their property, and the bulk store just sold them whatever just to make a sale.
They are only trying to make their numbers rather than create a relationship with the buyer.
I could write a book! That is why I always recommend people go to the dealer if you want a more pleasant experience.

See below the list of transmissions for each model. Looks like the T40 came in the D140 and D155.

Hope this info helps!

Capture2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MrCrawdadToYou

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok, thank you. I haven't noticed anything wrong yet and I'm trying to be careful with it as far as maintenance and the way I run it. Even so, I don't mind dropping the engine or the trans if I have to. Still wonder why they had to deface the bumper like they did. For warranty I guess.

D

Deleted member 97405

Ok, thank you. I haven't noticed anything wrong yet and I'm trying to be careful with it as far as maintenance and the way I run it. Even so, I don't mind dropping the engine or the trans if I have to. Still wonder why they had to deface the bumper like they did. For warranty I guess.

It must be a company policy I would guess.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Yes,
common practice and from the look of it covered by a store decal which is also common practice.