Walbro LMT 5-4993, why no solenoid?

JBtoro

Threads
Friend gave me a LMT 5-4993. I want to install it in place of the Nikki that is on my Intek 15.5. The Walbro worked last time he used the tractor (he blew the engine) & I cleaned it good. However, it's solenoid has been disabled; thus, it is only acting as a bowl nut now. I understand the function & purpose of a solenoid (anti-back fire) & my Nikki has one. But my question is this: why don't replacement Walbro's come with a solenoid? BTW, Nikki's come with solenoids. Most 5-4993's are after-market carbs like below (around $15) & there are very few OEM's out there, the latter costing well over $100 & not sure if that includes the solenoid. And yes, solenoids are separately available but I am wondering, is there a valid reason for the missing solenoid on new Walbro's? That is, are they just a PITA for many folks; therefore they just operate without them?
Any thoughts?

54993.jpg

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Because the 5-4993 is not a part number for the carb, It is a casting number and then each carb is set up to OEM specs for a specific engine. The OEM carb comes with the solenoid if the original engine had the solenoid from the OEM

JBtoro

Threads
Because the 5-4993 is not a part number for the carb, It is a casting number and then each carb is set up to OEM specs for a specific engine. The OEM carb comes with the solenoid if the original engine had the solenoid from the OEM

Well, that's why ... & it makes sense. After looking at your credentials at the bottom of your reply, you would certainly know the answer. Thanks.

BTW, what is the best technique to avoid backfires on a carb that doesn't have a solenoid, if in fact there is such a technique?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Best method without the solenoid is to idle down for like 30 seconds and then turn it off. may lessen the bang but won't eliminate it in all cases.