Troy-Bilt Super Bronco 54 Error Code

kedens

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower stopped running and displayed the error code "LO" "BATT" "9.9"). According to owners manual the code refers to a low battery voltage of 9.9 volts. I'm old school and have not kept up with modern small engine technology. I always thought that once the engine had started it no longer relied upon the batter and would run regardless of battery condition. Is this still true or does the engine actually require a battery have a minimum voltage of 11.5Vdc for it to continue running?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sounds like the charging system isn't working and has ran the battery down. Because the carb most likely has a anti afterfire solenoid on the carb, the voltage got low enough for the solenoid to shut down causing the engine to die. With engine running the battery should be in the neighborhood of 13.2 volts.

kedens

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like the charging system isn't working and has ran the battery down. Because the carb most likely has a anti afterfire solenoid on the carb, the voltage got low enough for the solenoid to shut down causing the engine to die. With engine running the battery should be in the neighborhood of 13.2 volts.

Thanks for the info. It has a Kohler 7000 engine. I will down load a service manual and see if there is an easy way to test the system to identify the bad component.