Need to know installation location of spindle brake spring on Bolens G808H 46" deck

cdevier

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Need to know installation location of spindle brake spring on Bolens G808H 46" deck
Need to know installation location of spindle brake spring on Bolens G808H 46" deck

image1 (1).jpegimage1 (3).jpegimage1.jpegimage2.jpegGood morning all,

I'm trying to replace the missing spindle brake spring on my Bolens 21hp 46" deck G808H. I ordered the new spring and now that I'm trying to install it nothing makes any sense mechanically on where to hook the spring.

cdevier

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Need to know installation location of spindle brake spring on Bolens G808H 46" deck
Re: Need to know installation location of spindle brake spring on Bolens G808H 46" de

No, the one I'm looking for is item #34 on page 38. I'm not sure where the spring is actually supposed to attach to the mechanism. The spring in the pictures is not the correct spring by the way.

Ckn087

Threads
Re: Need to know installation location of spindle brake spring on Bolens G808H 46" de

I cant remember how these are made but in your 3rd picture it looks like there is a missing post or bracket behind the pulley near where that hole is. Is there a place underneath the pulley that it can attach? Only 2 things I can think of.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads

How about under hex nut item # 26?