Are there any other vintage BOLENS Lawn Keeper owners here?

HoosierSam

Threads
  • / Are there any other vintage BOLENS Lawn Keeper owners here?
I have three,and rebuilt/re-powered two as swap meet transportation. Great little vehicles,very well made. According to a long-time Bolens dealer,they cost $600+ new back then (the same $$$ would purchase a much more versatile garden tractor,therefore the number of LK units sold were low.... Here's a few pictures:

Attachments

• My Pics 196(1).jpg
    My Pics 196(1).jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 9
  • My Pics 209.jpg
    My Pics 209.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 9
  • camo LK 2.jpg
    camo LK 2.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 9
  • LK (2).jpg
    LK (2).jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 12
  • LK (4).jpg
    LK (4).jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 7
  • LK diff..jpg
    LK diff..jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 7
  • LK chassis(1).jpg
    LK chassis(1).jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

MowLife

Threads
Those are pretty cool.

RP54

Threads
I have three,and rebuilt/re-powered two as swap meet transportation...

Hi, I am planning to pick a 915 up the end of the week. It will be a restoration project; I'm between nervous and excited about it.

RP54

Threads
I have three,and rebuilt/re-powered two as swap meet transportation. Great little vehicles,very well made. According to a long-time Bolens dealer,they cost $600+ new back then (the same $$$ would purchase a much more versatile garden tractor,therefore the number of LK units sold were low.... Here's a few pictures:

Hi HoosierSam, I picked up the 915. I believe it's a 915-01 but can't tell for sure. The model & serial # lettering on the decal is extremely light (faded). I plan to take the seat support off in order to remove the back cover so I can clean the engine, gearbox, and other parts, and hopefully I can get a strong light to show those numbers.

The engine does not start; it has strong spark and feels like it has good compression. The gentleman I bought it from said it has not been started in several years, so I'm hoping a good cleaning of the carburetor will do the job. Overall it seems very sound. I need to replace a bearing on the mowing deck, and it needs a thorough cleaning. It will be a fun restoration project.