Z335E left lap bar hard to push forward

JonF

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello. New to the forum. I bought this Z335E new about3 1/2 years ago. I bought the 3 year maintenance plan with it. Last service was this spring. It has somewhere around 90 hours on it. Lately the left lap bar has been hard to push forward. It seems to be pretty normal going rearward. The lap bar itself and rod going to the transmission levers seem fine. Then levers on the transmission shafts are not bent, corroded, or otherwise unusual looking. Ive done a search here and on the internet and cannot seem to find anyone else with this issue.

It happened earlier this year and I sprayed the levers on the transmission shaft with carb cleaner and it loosened up. (By levers on the transmission shaft I mean the plates on the shaft that goes into the hydraulic transmission that rotate back and forth as you move the lap bars) I was thinking maybe some debris found its way in between the levers or shafts and caused binding. Today I sprayed Power lube in there and it made no difference.

The mower moves fine and tracks straight, its just hard to push the lap bar forward.

Ideas??

MowLife

Threads
Lubricating all the pivot points frequently helps. Check the control arm dampeners for binding as that is the most common problem for stiffness or sloppy arms.