Ms290 Hard Pull

spanky324

Threads
I tried my Ms290 this year it is really hard to pull so hard I cant start it?Can I convert it to easy2start or any other ideas would be appreciated or am I getting to weak for this saw as it has no decompression valve?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
No, they never came out with an ez start version for that model. The bigger brothers of that model, they had a de-comp valve available.

dougand3

Threads
can I put a decomp valve on this one?
No room on an MS290 cylinder for decomp. You could change the top end to an MS390 - it has a hole to thread in a decomp valve. First tho - is the saw harder to pull over this year than last? Determine why. Is carb dumping fuel into cylinder? Is recoil failing? Try removing the plug and see if saw pulls normally...and see if fuel shoots out.

spanky324

Threads
No room on an MS290 cylinder for decomp. You could change the top end to an MS390 - it has a hole to thread in a decomp valve. First tho - is the saw harder to pull over this year than last? Determine why. Is carb dumping fuel into cylinder? Is recoil failing? Try removing the plug and see if saw pulls normally...and see if fuel shoots out.
I will try that