My Craftsman LT1000

redskin449

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower will run for 15 20 minutes perfectly then it starts to sputter ... got a carbeurator rebuild kit and changed everything but the seat. Iread how to remove it by tapping thread on it. I changed gas filter, plug, gas line etc. If I put gas treatment in it after it cuts off, it will start right up and run for another 15 minute interval.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there - WELCOME to LMF!

I moved your thread to the Craftsman Forum. :smile:

benski

Threads
There is a very small vent in the gas cap that can get clogged easily. Make sure that vent is clean, and give it another try.

Threads
It could also be the ignition coil heating up cutting out i have seen it before.. As soon as it cools down it will start back up?

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Sounds like vapour lock. Next time it cuts out, try removing the fuel cap, then trying to start it again. If it starts back up and runs fine, then that is the problem.

The cause for vapour lock is a clogged vent on the cap.

Dangeroustoys56

Threads
Does this engine have a antifire solenoid attached to the float bowl? ( screws in the bottom in place of a adjustable screw or plain bolt) Ive had more issues with those antifire solenoids on a couple of my mowers - i just disabled them and added a manual shutoff valve.

It would cause a stutter, rough idle, lack of power and when shutting down cause it to 'diesel ' .

i put a rebuild kit in my 17HP twin briggs murray hydro , it had the stalling issue, hard start- turns out the gaskets were so old , they leaked by- once i put the kit in, started right up and ran beautiful.

highlander620

Threads
My mower will run for 15 20 minutes perfectly then it starts to sputter ... got a carbeurator rebuild kit and changed everything but the seat. Iread how to remove it by tapping thread on it. I changed gas filter, plug, gas line etc. If I put gas treatment in it after it cuts off, it will start right up and run for another 15 minute interval.

could be coil (s) overheating