hustler super z fork bearing replacement

denk

Threads
hello,

been using the super z since 2007 with few maintenance issues. very powerful machine, but the fork bearings need replacement. one of the forks doesn't spin about so well. it was surprising to see that there is no lubrication on the forks!

can't find a thing on replacing the bearings in the manual. got the p/n for the bearings (784223).

anyone replaced these? is it easy? any advice?

thanks.

Mr. Mower

Threads
Hopefully someone here will respond with an answer to your question.

If not, then might I suggest you contact Hustler Corp. directly and inquire with them and or call an authorized Hustler Sales & Service place and ask to speak with a tech and see if you can find your answer there?

Also try and download the Service Manual for your particular model and see if it list anything there about the flex forks, etc.?

Good Luck!

denk

Threads
Hopefully someone here will respond with an answer to your question.

If not, then might I suggest you contact Hustler Corp. directly and inquire with them and or call an authorized Hustler Sales & Service place and ask to speak with a tech and see if you can find your answer there?

Also try and download the Service Manual for your particular model and see if it list anything there about the flex forks, etc.?

Good Luck!

this is the standard fork set on the mower. no flexies.

i did scan the manual without success. most everything is in the manual except this.

i contacted this forum in the past on hub zerk replacements. some here had experience with the zerks, including me.

thanks.

denk

Threads
after responding to the above post, i checked the hustler website and found a different manual that is more complete than the one previously downloaded. so the procedure is documented in this manual.

clubairth

Threads
Yea they have all gone to sealed bearings and the claim is they last longer than the greased bearings because no one bothers to grease anything anymore.
Some people have added grease fittings with the bearing change. They appear to have a pretty long life at any rate!

MowLife

Threads
We replaced many when I worked on a military base. They were the same bearing that the spindle used so we kept a stock of them. Found that Napa auto parts was the cheapest way to go with quality bearings. Easy to change...pound them out then replace.