Husqvarna P525D electrical issue

RupJam

Forum Newbie
Threads
Dear forum members,

I purchased a husqvarna P525D approx 3 years ago. Recently the mower has not been cranking at all once the engine is warm, ie running over say 20 minutes. The safety devives are correct; handbrake on, PTO off. Once I let the engine go cold the unit cranks and starts perfectly. This is now repeating almost all times the unit is used. Since the unit starts when cold I can rule out bad wiring, batteries, bad ignitions etc. So I am reaching out to the group to find out if there is a temperature sensor that may be giving a false overheat reading, or some other sensor that I am not aware of. The husqvarna P525D manual is not particularly comprehensive and my local dealer has had the unit in but has not offered a solution.

Best regards Rupert

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have you check the valve clearance

Nielsen

Forum Newbie
Threads
Dear forum members,

I purchased a husqvarna P525D approx 3 years ago. Recently the mower has not been cranking at all once the engine is warm, ie running over say 20 minutes. The safety devives are correct; handbrake on, PTO off. Once I let the engine go cold the unit cranks and starts perfectly. This is now repeating almost all times the unit is used. Since the unit starts when cold I can rule out bad wiring, batteries, bad ignitions etc. So I am reaching out to the group to find out if there is a temperature sensor that may be giving a false overheat reading, or some other sensor that I am not aware of. The husqvarna P525D manual is not particularly comprehensive and my local dealer has had the unit in but has not offered a solution.

Best regards Rupert
Hi Rupert, Hope you are still a member of the group, did you find a solution, I have the same problem, won't start after running for 20 min, starts fine when cold again. Best regards Bjorn N

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’d start by checking the battery to chassis ground condition for a hot open. If the cable connection is not clean and tight, connection will expand, open, causing a loss of ground.

GrumpyCat

Threads
I had a B&S on a push mower like that. When warm the autochoke choked preventing the engine from starting. When hot it didn't choke and engine restarted. When cold (20-30 minutes) it choked and engine started.

I greatly disliked that engine for this and other reasons. Actively shopped for a not-B&S on my current mower.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Please be aware the OP has a Kubota D1105 3 cylinder diesel engine so gasoline troubleshooting is of very little use.

If Valve Clearance is wrong....
1687456454823.png

Otherwise the OP needs the Kubota 5 series service manual.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Recently the mower has not been cranking at all once the engine is warm, ie running over say 20 minutes.
Load test the battery. Free at any auto parts store.

Check your + and - cables for cleanliness and tightness. Polish your frame ground point to bare smooth metal.

Bench test the starter. Use a propane torch to heat it up next. See if she starts when heated.

Replace the starter relay for sure. This takes all the current and those contacts really suffer. Mowers not so much. Bigger starters yes.

Since the unit starts when cold I can rule out bad wiring, batteries, bad ignitions etc.
No. Something is getting hot and not passing current to turn the starter. Find out what it is.
So I am reaching out to the group to find out if there is a temperature sensor that may be giving a false overheat reading, or some other sensor that I am not aware of.
Not on a starter, that I've heard about. Since you have a Diesel maybe??
husqvarna P525D manual is not particularly comprehensive
That manual only covers the mower. You have an engine slash starter problem. Your engine is not cranking when hot.

Just to clarify, it will NOT CRANK the engine over, when the engine is hot right?

Nielsen

Forum Newbie
Threads
Load test the battery. Free at any auto parts store.

Check your + and - cables for cleanliness and tightness. Polish your frame ground point to bare smooth metal.

Bench test the starter. Use a propane torch to heat it up next. See if she starts when heated.

Replace the starter relay for sure. This takes all the current and those contacts really suffer. Mowers not so much. Bigger starters yes.

No. Something is getting hot and not passing current to turn the starter. Find out what it is.

Not on a starter, that I've heard about. Since you have a Diesel maybe??

That manual only covers the mower. You have an engine slash starter problem. Your engine is not cranking when hot.

Just to clarify, it will NOT CRANK the engine over, when the engine is hot right?
Yes, the machine starts cold without problems, and runs as usual, but when it has been running for about 20 minutes, and you switch it off and want to start it again, there is no response to the key turned, all lights and preheat lights are on as they should, but nothing when the key is turned all the way down. all the lines fit as they should and are clean and tidy, is there a sensor for valve clearance?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You may have a failing starter control module unit. PN 579293901. Very expensive item not available apparently in the US or at least neither of my distributors are showing it.
1687525891097.png
Apparently Husqvarna is keeping the wiring schematic a big secret as it is not in OM,WSM, or IPL.