Kubota G1800

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I'll Get The model # shortly.
My dad picked up a Kubota G1800 for $100 with possible blown head gasket, he's just trying to get it to turn over now.
But it won't, battery don't hold a charge so he jumps it.
Starter will not engage, he got 13.7volts at the starter.
The seat switch is actually INSIDE the seat so it's a little harder to get at than a regular lawn mower. Turn the key, no clicks no nothing.
All wiring is in good shape, doesn't look mouse chewed anywhere.
The blades are in the off position.

MowLife

Threads
If he is getting 13+ volts at the starter and the starter itself is bolted tight to block it should spin. Make sure the battery has a good ground path to the block. May be a bad starter

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Found the problem, it will turn over now.
DSC_9117.jpg
this little relay box, it has quite a few wires coming into it, if you turn the key to start, and squeeze the tab in it'll turn over, it seems like its not getting enough juice to connect on its own.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Alrighty, he got it fired up and ran good! but still had to turn the key and push that little box, turns out you need to press the brake pedal, then turn the key and it fired right up, so problem solved.

He wants to put fresh fluids it, new filters, it says to use D10W30, assuming Shell Rotella 10W30 would be good, and a wix filter.
but im having trouble finding out what hydraulic fluid, how much, and where to find the hydraulic filter to buy a new one. any info?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Me and my dad have this Kubota purring now, starts up with the touch of The key, changed the trans/hydrostatic fluid and new filter.
My dad paid $100 for it, the guy said it got water in the oil, but so far no signs of it, we're thinking it got flooded during a hurricane 2 years ago, by the way debris is hanging off of it, and I greased 2 front wheel bearings, and for 4 or 5 pumps nothing but water came out of them, then grey old grease and pumped until new fresh grease came out.