Super bronco deck belt is smoking

ba_50

Threads
The pulleys aren't froze up. Does the big bolt in front of the deck need adjusting?
The belt between the motor and deck is loose with the pto off.
Thanks.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Once the belt has started to smoke it is trash.
The belt smoked because either than blades had jambed when the mower was on or the brake had not worked on the blades when you turned them off.

ba_50

Threads
What is the blade brake you are talking about?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you would post the units model and serial numbers we could help you better. Telling us you have a Super Bronco deck, is like saying I have a problem with my Ford Bronco, we don’t know which one.

ba_50

Threads
Ok

13ax60kh011

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just looked up your deck and there are a variety of possible causes to your problem. First, you have a two belt system, so you will have to figure out if it is the deck belt or drive belt which is smoking. After you know which belt is causing the problem, you must check the following. One, is the belt riding over a belt guide and between the guide and the pulley? Second, are the idler pulleys good? You will need to remove them to check the bearings. Third, when you manually engage the PTO, does everything turn freely? Finally, you need to remove both belts and spin each spindle, listening for a worn bearing or bearings. Also, don’t forget the pulley and belt guides under the engine.

ba_50

Threads
I noticed the drive belt came off the back pulley when engaged. The bearings sound ok when running

ba_50

Threads
I noticed the drive belt came off the back pulley when engaged. The bearings sound ok when running

Should the guide be closer to the pulley?

Attachments

• 20190820_193520.jpg
    20190820_193520.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 8

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The belt is on the wrong side of the flat steel keeper at the bottom of the photo.
To get that belt on you have to remove the pulley mounting bolt and lift the pulley high enough for the belt to pass between the tab and the pulley.
The belt in the photo is trash so toss it out & get a new one.

ba_50

Threads
The belt is on the wrong side of the flat steel keeper at the bottom of the photo.
To get that belt on you have to remove the pulley mounting bolt and lift the pulley high enough for the belt to pass between the tab and the pulley.
The belt in the photo is trash so toss it out & get a new one.

It was behind the guides but pulled out. Is the adjustable one in the correct position?

Does the deck tension need adjusting? Does the rod in front do this?