$35 Auction find

Threads
Where are you coming up with 24"

Funny you should ask. So this was advertised on the auction as 24" cut. Seeing how the model # is R8241, I made the assumption that this was a 24" cut and thought maybe I had something pretty unique. After discussing this plate with you today, when I got home from work, I rolled it of the garage and measured it. 21" on the money, I literally started laughing. I don't have have any other 21" mowers around so I just rolled with it. Whats even better is, my day job is in a tool and die shop where I do all the tool verification/measurements during and after the tool build, normally measuring things to the nearest .0005" of an inch. My employer best not find out about this little episode. Now that I bored you to death, I think I can find this plate before purchasing a new one. Let me know if you or any else is interested in trading for the bagger attachment, as I have 2 of them. Thank you for your input on this topic!

Last edited:

Mow'N Weeds

Threads
Lol, no problem. The plate PN you listed is of course for the side discharge plate, just so you realize. It's the mulch plates that aren't as readily available, new at least, it seems.

Threads
Won at local auction for $35, non running. This is a model R8241, SN#824580509. Carburetor was dirty! Took apart and cleaned everything, starts and runs good, very solid. It came with a bagger system, extra attachment for bagger. Plan on using this as my trim mower for my small mowing business. It is super light and self propelled, moves along pretty good. The fuel tank leaks out of the shut off valve, I took apart and cleaned but no luck. I ordered the rubber gasket/spacer, hopefully this works. Also where can I find the plate for the deck when I don't want the bagger on? When I engage the blade, the engine almost dies, anyone have any advice for service on the blade clutch? Any advice in general about this mower would be appreciated. I am anxious to use it soon! Also, what fuel mix is best for these machines?

Thankyou!

Okay, so replying to my own post...or updating this project. Fuel leak is caused by a crack on the shut off valve. Are there any good repair options for this? Or where to look for replacement?