MTD RZT54 Drive Belt Replacement issues

NorthBama

Threads
Re: MTD RZT54 Drive Belt Replacement issues with Expansion Tank !!

I would bet the expansion tank has a nipple on the bottom that the hose would pull off of. And then install the belt and then reconnect the hose to the tank and refill the tank. the parts diagram shows the vent line that would go to the expansion tank in the center of the belt[/QUO

Okay. Here it is... The RZT 54 Cub or MTD 54 Gold has an expansion tank attached to the hydraulic motors that can be a PITA to install a new drive belt.... Since this tank is not under pressure... Simply close the compression clamp on the hose on each of the hydraulic motors, move it over and manually unhook the line. Clean any minor oil spills from the line, slide the new drive belt over the necessary pullies and reattach the "expansion lines" with the compression clamps... install the new bolt and hooView attachment 45265View attachment 45266k up the clutch and tension spring. Add maybe a quarter of cup of 20w -50w (that leaked out) and Done, contact me with questions. Thank you !

if the hose is soft enough you could clamp it off with something that would not damage the hose and prevent oil spilling out and making a mess all over

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Glad to see you got it sorted.
The IPL I consulted did not show the overflow tank ot lines which is why I asked for the photos.
Thank you for doing that.
Just one word of warning to any one else who might be in the same situation.
Clean the area around the hoses very well before they are removed as tiny amounts of dust entering the system will kill the hydros so fast it is not funny.
If you were going to design a perfect hydro destruction system, this would be it