How to level the zrow turn deck

craig49

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a ZG127S Z row turn mower. I want to level the deck, any one know of a youtube video that would show this?

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
99.9% of the deck leveling issues I have experienced are because of tire pressure being different side to side. in some conditions just a little difference all made an obvious difference in cut quality.

lugbolt

Threads
They are all low in front, right off of the crate. Adjust tire pressures first thing! They call for 20psi in all 4, but really as long as they're equal side-to-side, you should be ok. ZT mowers in general are VERY sensitive to tire pressure differences side to side. 2 psi can affect cut quality-drastically.

There are bolts in the tops of each of the lift links. Loosen the jam nut, turn the bolt "down" (in) to raise that corner of the deck.

Use your JD deck level gauge to check the height of the blades. Turn a blade to the side and measure to the bottom of it. Repeat for the other side. You want them equal side to side. Adjust as necessary. Once the side-to-side is set to zero (or 1/16" maximum difference), then turn the right side blade so that it's facing forward and backward. Measure the REAR of that blade. Record your measurement. Then move to the center blade, turn it so it faces forward and backward, then measure the FRONT of that blade. Record that measurement. Subtract the two. You want a difference of zero to 1/16". The closer to zero the better. Kubota says 1/4" low in front, but in my experience that works good for those who want to cut high grass at full speed but for excellent cut quality, zero is best. With it down in the front, you'll get 3 stripes, one from each blade. At zero, you get one wide stripe which is what I like to see.