Craftsman Leaf Blower shoots out gas.

Levaughn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all. I have a Craftsman Leaf Blower 25cc, model # 358.794741. I'am having trouble getting it started lately where I use to never have any trouble. I saw that after I prime it a couple of times it wouldn't start. I took out the spark plug and it was wet. I pulled the string a couple of times with the spark plug out, and gas repeatedly shot out the spark plug hole in large volumes. Could it be that the carburetor diaphragm is no good? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

dougand3

Threads
Sounds like the needle is stuck open or seat is damaged. Could be stiff metering diaphragm, debris or ethanol goo around needle tip. You can disassemble carb, then clean and install a rebuild kit BUT it's much simpler and much better success rate to install new carb. Poulan Husqvarna Craftsman Carburetor Assy 545081855

dougand3

Threads
Just looked that carb up on ebay. $13 for a whole carb/fuel line/plug kit. No brainer.

Levaughn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the replies, will do.

jp1961

Threads
Hello,

While you're waiting for the carb to arrive, try shooting carb cleaner into the fuel line nipple on the carb.

It may just free up the needle which is stuck open,,,worth a shot (no pun intended).

Regards

Jeff