Honda Harmony 2013 38" cut

Threads
My Snapper RER and my really old Sears/Craftsman Murray Rider are all sold and gone. My “new to me” Honda Harmony 2013 is running well.
I purchased from a mower repair shop and it is cleaned and tuned. No more garage sale finds that I have to pour $$$ into .

I have a few minor questions about the mower. The manual says the cut height is from 1 to 4” but with the lever in the #7 slot I can only get the deck up to a little under 3”. Any suggestions as to how to get another inch + out it?

For those of you who have experience with this old mower, what should I look out for from a maintenance standpoint? Bolts that requires extra attention or lubrication? Parts that are prone to break or wear prematurely. Stuff like that.

The mower serial # is 6000453 so I think that means this was the 453rd mower in this series built and that makes it pretty old

I am still working on posting pictures but so far no success

MowLife

Threads
Mower deck supports tend to wear in time where the hanger slots waller out causing them to hang lower. You may be able to raise it some with the deck levelers if equipped. Worn tires and under inflation can cause this too.

Threads
Thanks for the response. This Honda is so clean compared to the previous garage sale finds I have not gotten under it to study the mechanicals. I’ll be under it today if the rain holds off.

I think I have figured out how to download photos
20190724_182342.jpg20190724_182407.jpg20190812_084632.jpg

Threads
Mower deck supports tend to wear in time where the hanger slots waller out causing them to hang lower. You may be able to raise it some with the deck levelers if equipped. Worn tires and under inflation can cause this too.

This is a 1995 model and has a 3 point support for the deck. there are 2 adjustment bolts in the front for leveling the deck. The main height/depth of cut adjustment is a single rod that the deck hangs on in the back that is connected to the lever that indexes the depth adjustments on the fender .

I noticed that apparently on later mowers this is a threaded rod and can be adjusted to raise the deck higher.
there is a long "U" bend in that rod but I suspect if I slid the the rod to a higher position vibration will let it slide back to the lower setting.

I am considering laying a short bolt and nut across the clamping bracket in the gap at the bend to prevent slippage

Any thoughts??
20190816_103119.jpg20190816_103249(0).jpg20190816_103104.jpg

Last edited: