Hello

Evelyn J. Smith

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi my name is Evelyn and I just joined your forum. I was looking for help in buying a new lawn mower. I have a 25 year old Honda lawn mower, but it became difficult to use it now.
So Im happy to find this forum. Lots of real helpful information :thumbsup:

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Honda-2...rog1T2oBsA5PWe6w-9RoCrJEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Evelyn, just google Honda lawnmowers, Toro lawnmowers, etc. & read reviews. Be sure you try mowers out before purchasing. If purchasing another Honda I would go with HRX217HYA or one with same controls, expensive yes, durable yes, take care of mower maintenance, mower will last a long time. May be a good time of year to make purchase, rebates, price drop, etc.

Last edited:

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

We're always happy to help with the search for a new mower :smile:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Welcome!
What's wrong with your other mower? Maybe we can help you

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Evelyn,

Just a few things we really need to know
Firstly how old are you ?
How tall?
Long or short arms?
Physical strength ?
Gee, starting to sound like dating site.
This is important because Honda's are very very easy to pull start where as the Briggs engines are not.
I do exchanges for a lot of my older women who have good mowers that they can no longer start because they can not pull them.
Or have bought a brand new one from a glass front that won't let you test start the mower in the shop, they get them home then find if they are holding the bails closed they can not pull the starting rope.
Some mowers have adjustable handles so shorter people will not be pushing a handle that is at chest height or taller people are pushing from knee height.

Next we really need to know a little about your grass and what you like to do , throw, mulch or bag.?
What type of grass do you have ?
How big is your yard ?

It is really worth while to go to a mower shop and do some test starts just to make sure you can do it.
And beware of the salesman who shows you how to start a mower and gives it an almighty pull.
Once the mower has been started from cold most are a lot easier to restart where as starting from cold is generally a harder pull.