Recommend a small mower that tows

bryan9915

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just moved to a new place. and outdoor storage is at more a premium than my old place. I currently have an older Craftsman rider. It suits my needs well but takes up to much space. The new yard is a little small than my last and I was considering a wide walk behind like the 30in options. While walking is fine (I could use the exercise), the thing I would miss most is the ability to tow. I have a dump cart and lawn sweeper that I would like to be able to continue to use when needed. Any suggestions on compact riders or walk behinds that can so some towing?

TIA

MowLife

Threads
You want to look for a mower with gear drive not vari drive or hydrostatic trans. Hard to find new gear drive mowers in box stores these days. A walk behind seems a bit dangerous for towing. Some older rear riders like murray have gear drive and 30” cut.

bryan9915

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks I will check it out.

I am basically looking for the smallest (size wise) mower that can do light towing.

Evelyn J. Smith

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just moved to a new place. and outdoor storage is at more a premium than my old place. I currently have an older Craftsman rider. It suits my needs well but takes up to much space. The new yard is a little small than my last and I was considering a wide walk behind like the 30in options. While walking is fine (I could use the exercise), the thing I would miss most is the ability to tow. I have a dump cart and lawn sweeper that I would like to be able to continue to use when needed. Any suggestions on compact riders or walk behinds that can so some towing?

TIA

I just ordered black & decker cordless trimmer, today from https://homemakerguide.com/!!! I can't wait to try it out. I have a bit of a steep hill and this would be perfect for my yard!! My lawnmower was a bit to heavy to do a steep hill. Check the site there was some options for small mower.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Some of the standers will tow and some of the self propelled used to come with sulkies you hooked up to ride behind them.
Many of these were quite heavy rollers

bryan9915

Forum Newbie
Threads
Some of the standers will tow and some of the self propelled used to come with sulkies you hooked up to ride behind them.
Many of these were quite heavy rollers

I was looking for a stander that could tow but can find any info or examples other then people fabricating something.

gotomow

Threads
I love how this can stand on end. Great for storage. Any other brands do this?

No, Snapper is unique in this regard. The Snapper rear engine rider is a tried and true design that will preform for decades with very little fuss.

MowLife

Threads
The worst part of snapper RER is their friction drive setup.