Can't get X500 to free wheel

Vigilant

Threads
I should have checked this before I bought the mower. 2007 X500. When I pull the bar in back to release the transmission and let it free-wheel, the bar is stuck. I can't get the transmission to release. Is this fairly simple to fix, or would I need to open the transmission up? The fluid looked pretty bad. I just had it changed with fresh Hy-Gard. Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted member 97405

I should have checked this before I bought the mower. 2007 X500. When I pull the bar in back to release the transmission and let it free-wheel, the bar is stuck. I can't get the transmission to release. Is this fairly simple to fix, or would I need to open the transmission up? The fluid looked pretty bad. I just had it changed with fresh Hy-Gard. Thanks in advance.

Make sure your parking brake is released. The rod should pull out. If it wont, that means the shaft that the rod connects to on the transmission is stuck. I have had to spray those with penetrating oil over the years if they get tight.

Vigilant

Threads
Make sure your parking brake is released. The rod should pull out. If it wont, that means the shaft that the rod connects to on the transmission is stuck. I have had to spray those with penetrating oil over the years if they get tight.

Thanks, Will. Hope all is well.