Husqvarna YTH2348

HL_Amaranth

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi. I was mowing my yard with my Husqvarna and I noticed it was running weird. It seemed to have reduced power and the engine shook more than usual. I was about to turn it off when I heard something break. It was a loud metallic pop. Then the engine died. If I turn the key, the flywheel spins with no trouble but the engine won't start of course. Any guesses on what could have broke?

I need to try to fix this myself since I can't afford a repair shop or a new mower. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Firstly STOP CRANKING THE ENGINE.
If some thing has come adrift inside all that cranking will do is make things worse.
So start by draining the oil, then filter it and see what is in there .
While that is coming out pull the spark pugs & poke something down the hole while turning the engine over by hand for one complete revolution.
You are feeling for the piston going up & down ( OK is & out on your engine ) .
If they move the same amount good, if not don't panic yet.
Now remove the rocker covers and do the same , look to see if the rockers are going in & out.
They should sit at the same level & move the same amount.
If both these are OK then pull the blower housing off & look at the flywheel key.
The two slots should be together making a perfect square.

Do that then get back to us.
IF the pistons did not move & the rockers did not move, try turning the mower over using the drive pulley from underneath .
If both check out this way then your flywheel is probably loose.
But again get back to the forum with your findings.

Some simple things like a broken cam are easy to fix but lots of cranking the engine can bugger up the internals making the engine a write off.

HL_Amaranth

Forum Newbie
Threads
Firstly STOP CRANKING THE ENGINE.
If some thing has come adrift inside all that cranking will do is make things worse.

Some simple things like a broken cam are easy to fix but lots of cranking the engine can bugger up the internals making the engine a write off.

Thank you for your reply. I only tried cranking it once after it broke. I will not attempt to crank it any more. It is getting dark outside now so I will have to wait and do this in the morning. Thank you again for your reply.