Starter Solonoid keeps "breaking"

Smokeeater

Threads
I replaced a starter solonoid cause it wasn't working. After putting new one in it cranked over 2-3 times, but then stopped working again.
What could be the cause of this? Similar to if you kept blowing fuses. I ensured all wires were in same spot as previous and all are tight. I can hear it click but no power to starter side after clunk noise

Thanks

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
When you hear the clunk sound do you have 12 volts to the starter. If so then I would suspect a starter issue. If no voltage then most likely somebody go a hold of a bad batch of solenoid. I had a case of original Briggs starters that did that a few years ago.

Smokeeater

Threads
When you hear the clunk sound do you have 12 volts to the starter. If so then I would suspect a starter issue. If no voltage then most likely somebody go a hold of a bad batch of solenoid. I had a case of original Briggs starters that did that a few years ago.

There's no volts on the Starter side of solenoid and no volts at starter. And yah this is the new one.

Any chance a bad ground or wiring issue? I mean I put them back same way

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The clunk says that it tries to engage, But also sounds like the large amp contacts have burnt or something else preventing it from working.

Smokeeater

Threads
The clunk says that it tries to engage, But also sounds like the large amp contacts have burnt or something else preventing it from working.

Just an update to the fix...I replaced it a second time and all is well