Repairs MTD DL 92H feels like its slipping when driving forwards

cronkatron

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / MTD DL 92H feels like its slipping when driving forwards
Hi Guys
Hope every one is well!

I have a white 12.5HP 2016 MTD DL 92H model number is 13H2765E600 we call her "Lilly"

Absolutely in love with her, and she has been a dream, however she recently developed an annoying issue.

When driving forwards in any gear speed there is a slight slip in the drive-system, there are no issues in reverse just forwards drive.

I have tightened the bolts on the bottom of the selector assembly behind the rear left wheel and moved the bracket slightly so that this gives the rod connected to the gearbox a bit more of a push. This seems to have given it a bit less slip but hasn't solved it by any means. I'm now at a point where I cant adjust the bracket any further towards the rod and I am a bit stuck with what to try next.

Wondering if anyone has had an issue like this before and if there are any recommendations and how to sort it ?

Thanks all will upload some pictures this evening

Ryan

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / MTD DL 92H feels like its slipping when driving forwards
Does the slippage feel like a jerking motion. sound like the forward bevel gear and shift collar are worn and allowing the it to jump gears. Will need to remove and replace the worn gears inside the tranny to fix your issue.