looking for Toro lawn mower made a few years back with specific features

pmcguire

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / looking for Toro lawn mower made a few years back with specific features
Hello. I am new and am looking for a probable outdated Toro lawn mower that my Gardner used to cut my lawn a couple of years ago. He since gave it away and does not know the model number. The lawn mower had an inflatable grass catcher that attached to the back or the side and hung on a hook. It also had a throttle lever where you could put it to idle to empty the grass catcher. it was self propelled and fairly light weight. I am looking for the model of this mower in hopes I can find a used one somewhere, assuming they no longer make them. I liked the features of this style mower. The grass catcher appeared to be able to capture much more grass than the old Craftsman mower I currently have, which requires power off to empty the grass. He bought it at Home Depot but the Toro mowers they sell now are all different. Thanks

pmcguire

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't think so. It was not this old. The gardner told me he bought it at Home Depot some years ago. The bag could be mounted to the side or the rear and it had a throttle lever that he put it in idle when emptying the grass. I was at Home Depot today and the person I talked to was familiar with the model I described, but they no longer carry them. Could have been made 10 years ago or so, not sure. I think Lawn Boy makes similar in the Medallion series, but that looks like mid 1990's. Wouldn't mind one of those too as they have "blade stop" feature in idle mode. Thanks

pmcguire

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, that's very close. Would love to have one like that with those controls and throttle. Do you know when this was made?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If my memory is still any good, then I would say the very late 80’s. Were only out for a year or two.

pmcguire

Forum Newbie
Threads
A few weeks ago I picked up a Lawn Boy Medallion model 10533 from a guy who put an ad on Craigslist. It looks identical to the Toro vacu power mowers with same controls, but with a 5.5 B & S engine and uses gas with seperate oil reserve (no gas oil mix). I love this thing. Starts on 1 pull and has all the features I have been looking for. It was made in 1995 and this guy took real good care of it. It was made by Toro so I guess Toro continued this line of mowers in the Lawn Boy label. It's green in color.