Kohler cv 730 blowing fuses

Dave2pa

Forum Newbie
Threads
have a Kohler cv 730 in a craftsman gt 5000 tractor , and recently just started blowing fuses ,problem got much worse after I degreased and washed engine , removed stator and it looks ok ??? , it did run for over an hour today , then started blowing fuses again , it reads about 27 volts ac on one of the rectifier ac poles but not the other ??? should it read same on both ac poles ?????? dc pole reads about 13 volts dc ,, I noticed wires at amp meter seem very hot ?? any ideas
sometimes the fuse will blow as soon as you hit start ,other times it will start and run up too 1 or 2 minutes ??

Dave2pa

Forum Newbie
Threads
Craftsman GT 5000 ,, about a month ago it blew 1 fuse ,but since I washed it ,its pretty much constant ,although it did run about a hour today with a 40 amp fuse ,,it calls for a 30 amp

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Look under the seat and you’ll find the model number.

Dave2pa

Forum Newbie
Threads
may have found the issue , the safety switch under the seat had a jumper bypass and it had fallen out ??? fixed that and seems ok so far

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Seat switches are generally ground wires and a ground wire shorting to ground usually would not blow a fuse.