Ohv spring compressor

Ckn087

Threads
Can someone help lead me to an ohv spring compressor? The engine I'm working on is a briggs 204412 0147 E1 and the head part #799859. I've looked at several but none of them look like I'll be able to get my fingers through to put keepers back in place. Sorry if that doesn't make sense.

MowLife

Threads
I believe they make one....seems like I’ve seen them somewhere. With OHV I’ve normally am able to do it without a tool...just using fingers with a small block of wood holding valve closed.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I also use my fingers. Set the valve head on a socket slightly smaller than the valve head. Takes longer to find the right size socket, than to install both valves.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I got fat fingers
So I use the std B & S tool plus a heliostat for keyhole keepers and a pair of normally closed tweezers for collet keepers.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
i've always used one like this https://www.amazon.com/Machine-Supp...mpressor&qid=1564871589&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-10
only works with the head off. and i use ones like Mark posted for flat head.

Use one of those also. Also have the style that Mark posted. Also have a C clamp style that I use every once in a while on flat head and sometimes OHV, but can interfere sometimes with the head which makes it hard to fully compress the spring to remove the keeper. Also have on of the big automotive style C type valve spring compressors