kohler stops

kev290

Threads
i just had a lady call me up said her kohler engine on her troy bilt pony runs 15 min then stops she waits a couple off minutes starts back up did it 5 times then it ran 45 minutes to finish yard

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have her loosen the gas cap and see if it stays running. If it does she has a bad cap, vent plugged, replace cap.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just to keep it in mind, that starting in 2012 riding mowers and some other caps became non-vented to meet EPA emission low evap requirements. So if it has a second small line coming off the top of the tank the cap is non-vented.

kev290

Threads
i called her and hers has a line from tank at the top

mkillian

Threads
It's probably a clogged fuel line. I had the same problem. The local repair guys said 90% of what they do is clean gunky fuel and gunky lines.

If that is all good, it could be the coil (or coils) but I would check the fuel first, starting at the tank and working down from there. New filter might help...

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If this is one of the new Kohler with the plastic carb, the jet inside the carb is probably plugged.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
i just had a lady call me up said her kohler engine on her troy bilt pony runs 15 min then stops she waits a couple off minutes starts back up did it 5 times then it ran 45 minutes to finish yard

I had a Craftsman with a briggs on it that used to do that. It was the fuel solenoid. I snipped the end of it off, and problem fixed.