Sears Torque Wrench?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes, it is digital. As stated in the website I posted LED READINGS plus vibration. Going digital is over, over kill unless you are using it at least once a week. You can get a very reliable click type at 1/3 the cost, which will last your lifetime if maintained properly and in the hand of nonprofessional mechanics they are more accurate.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Rivets- What is your opinion of beam style torque wrenches ?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Beam style work very well and are accurate in the hands of a steady mechanic. That’s all we had to use for a long time. Problem I have seen with them is if you stop before you get to your specific torque you “should” loosen and start over. They wavering beam is tough to keep steady, which means starting over many times in untrained hands. It would take my students dozens of try’s to get proper torque. Clicks and digital allow you to concentrate on using steady pressure, without having to watch a moving beam.

Ckn087

Threads
Ok thanks. Any way you could send a link to a decent one? The 2 I have are a dial type which I hate lol and a click type from autozone and I never set it to 0 after I finished. Wasn't thinking about leaving tension on it. Seems like with the click type, i have a hard time feeling that give under light ft lb applications.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thank You Rivets, I have 2 beam (3/8" & 1/2") & a 1/2" drive clicker.

They are quite old & have been serving me well. The clicker I had checked about 5 yrs ago. As I always wind it down after use.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry, the only one I have had experience with is my Snap-on. Won’t recommend any tools I have not tried, would be a disservice to everyone. Remember you get what you pay for. Don’t know if you need a Ft. Lb. or In. Lb wrench, but unless you are working on large equipment In Lb wrenches go up to about 22 Ft Lb if you know how to convert.

Ckn087

Threads
Oh ok thanks. Basically what I'm wanting is a torque wrench in the 5 - 80 ft lb range. I found one 2.2 - 65 but I need one up to at least 80. I could get one that does in lbs for smaller stuff.

MowLife

Threads
I have a snap-on clicker type...goes to 150ft lbs. it’s always been good...found it on the side of the road about 10 years ago..was even in a case.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
It also seems to be getting where there are a lot of torque specs on lawnmower engines that are in in/lb that are outside the range that most in/lb torque wrenches can adjust. Of course you can convert to ft/lb but for every 1 ft/lb that your torque wrench is off is 12 in/lb of inaccurate torque applied. Very common to see in/lb torque specs of 325-375 or in some cases that I work on is 450-700 in/lb.

The newest thing coming on lawnmower engines is angular torque specs. Example like 250 in/lb + 30 degrees.

Ckn087

Threads
I have noticed that. Alot of specs seem to be in in lbs. My clicker does 150 I think but when I'm doing low ft lbs I barely even notice it give. Think I need a smaller one. I was interested in digital but idk what ones are good. I've saw them on amazon and ebay.