Sears Torque Wrench?

fritz1255

Threads
Sorry if this post is not exactly on topic, but I ran into this issue while working on a lawnmower engine. I pulled out my Sears Craftsman micradjusting torque wrench (makes a click when you hit the right torque) and it was totally jammed - would not click and the adjusting handle would not turn. The last time it was used was decades ago when I lent it to someone. That'll teach me to do that! This would have been an issue years ago when all Craftsman tools had a lifetime warranty. Do they still honor that?

Lawn Addict
Threads
The "Clicker" type torque wrenches require re calibration from time to time.. If that is not none, they are not accurate.. Throw it away.

I have clickers & beam style that never require re calibration..

But FWIW: Craftsman still has lifetime warranty, Ace hardware, Walmart & Lowes now carry the tools & the warranty..

upupandaway

Threads
But FWIW: Craftsman still has lifetime warranty, Ace hardware, Walmart & Lowes now carry the tools & the warranty..

Watch out, 1- only basic tools have lifetime, this tool currently does NOT have lifetime from its moving parts. You might have to argue if yours was sold with lifetime but you don't have the original package showing such. 2- Lowes told me if they don't sell it, they will not replace it.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Interesting, my local Lowes has replaced some vintage broken craftsman sockets for me, no questions asked..

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And on the subject of tension wrenches.
Deflecting bar type remain in calibration for a very long time.
Micrometer adjustment spring loaded types suffer from wear and settlement of the spring.
What most forget to do is this type MUST BE BACKED OFF TO 0 when you have finished using them, EVERY TIME.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sears quit doing the lifetime warranty on the torque wrenches years ago. I had to take mine back and the new one came with a 60 day warranty.

Ckn087

Threads
Anybody have any advice on the digital torque wrenches? Any of them any good?

Ckn087

Threads
Is the snap on a digital? I found one for $125 but getting opinions first.