Honda HRC216 K1 HXA Transmission Joint Coupler

hosspapa

Forum Newbie
Threads
My self propel stopped working. Upon inspection, the "spline coupler" that joins the two cv joints has slid towards the rear of the mower and disconnected from the front CV joint splined shaft. If I slide it forward to engage the forward cv joint shaft splines -- everything works fine.

I understand that this "spline coupler" is designed to accommodate different mowing heights (transmission position) -- but what prevents it from sliding off the front splined shaft? Is there some clip or other part that has fallen off allowing it to disengage? Or do I need to simply buy another driveshaft assembly and be done with it?

Please note the CV joints are connected on both ends (clips / pins / rubber boots are all fine). It is just the tube with internal splines that doesn't seem to stay in place.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If mwhat you are saying is the telescoping tubes are coming apart then either one of them is broken or the transmission has come loose .

tranchinh

Threads
I think the guide bolt is missing or come off .That is the only way transmission can move too far out
IMG_0026.JPG